| || || |
| HomeHealth Tips|
Ten Steps to Reduce Cancer Risk
|1. Eat more vegetables in the cabbage family. Several studies show the cruciferous vegetable may protect again colorectal stomach and respiratory cancers. Among cruciferous vegetable is broccoli, cauliflower; brussels sprouts all cabbages, and kale.|
2. Add more high fiber foods to your diet. People who eat a diet high in fiber reduce their risk of colon cancer. Fiber occurs in whole grain, fruits and vegetable. Examples are peaches, strawberries, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, wheat and bran cereals, rice, popcorn, and whole wheat bread.
3. Eat foods with Vitamins A. This vitamin A offers a measure of protection against cancers of the esophagus, larynx, and lung. Fresh foods with betacarotene - like carrots, peaches, apricots, squash and broccoli are the best source of Vitamin A.
4. Choose food with vitamin C. This vitamin may help protect against cancers of the esophagus and stomach. Vitamin C can be found naturally in several fresh fruit and vegetables including grapefruit, cantaloupe, oranges, strawberries, red and green peppers, broccoli, and tomatoes.
5. Keep your weight (body fat) within appropriate limits and get adequate exercise. Obesity has been linked to cancers of the uterus, gallbladder, breast, and colon. Regular exercise and a lower caloric intake can help control weight.
6. Trim fat from your diet, especially highly saturated animal fat. A high fat diet increases the risk of breast, colon and postage cancer. You can cut your over all intake of fats by eating lean meat, fish , skinned poultry, and low fat diary products.
7. Reduce your dietary intake of salt-cured smoked, nitrite-cured foods. Cancer of esophagus and stomach are common in countries where foods of this type are eaten in large quantities. Food such as bacon, or salt-cured fish should be eaten only periodically.
8. Stop smoking. Smoking is the biggest cancer risk factor of all the main cause of lung cancer. Chewing tobaccos are also harmful because of the risk of mouth and throat cancers.
9. Limit your intake of alcohol. If you drink too much, your risk of liver cancer increases. You should limit your intake to a moderate (i.e. one or two drinks daily).
10. Respect the rays of the sun. Too much sun causes skin cancer and other damaged to the skin. Avoid sun bathing especially during midday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Far East Ginseng Herbs and Tea
33162 Dequindre Rd
Sterling Heights, MI 48310
Tel (586) -977-0202
| Fax: 586-977-6688
Join Our Newsletter
for Sales Promotions & Savings!
Chinese herbal supplements, natural remedies, homeopathic formulas, tonic formulas, herbal teas and related alternative health products and statements on this site have not been evaluated by the U.S. FDA. These products are sold in the US as nutritional supplements and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician, licensed herbalist, acupuncture specialist or other health care professional. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a health-care professional before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.